I am a retired priest in the Scottish Episcopal Church with a background in medicine and a trained spiritual director. Philippa McCowan, another trustee, introduced me to the Coach House some years ago. And having spent a couple of five day retreats here and having visited on a couple of other occasions, I felt that the open and inclusive ethos of the place accorded with my own sense of values. And I found the warm friendly welcome and peaceful atmosphere attractive. So, wanting to contribute to this and to encourage people to make use this rare jewel of a retreat house, when I was approached about becoming a trustee I was happy to agree and was appointed in March 2020.
- How do you accept payment for bookings?
- Is a deposit required for bookings?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the check-in and check out times?
- Does the house have any other set times that I need to know about?
- Will there be silence in the house?
- Is the Coach House open all year round?
- What are the rooms like?
- What do you provide for my stay?
- What do I need to provide for myself?
- Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms?
- Do you have internet access?
- Is there public access to a TV and a phone?
- Is there a mobile phone signal at the Coach House?
- Do you cater for vegetarians and special diets?
- Do you allow smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises?
- Is exclusive use of the Coach House available?
- What about public transport?
- Can I bring my dog?