Tales by the Fireside
with Margaret Silf
NOVEMBER 7TH TO 11TH
Tales by the fireside
From time immemorial we have told stories – stories to explain the mysteries of life, stories of encouragement or of warning, stories about how to be better human beings. Each of our lives has been shaped by a wealth of personal stories. Collectively we live by various narratives that have come to define our wider societies. Some of these stories are life-giving, some are not; some articulate deep truths, others need to be challenged or changed.
2022 has been designated Scotland’s Year of Stories, reminding us that ‘the love of stories is hard-wired into us all; it is one of the strongest ways we connect with one another and share our experiences.’ During this retreat, we will reflect gently on some of the stories that are shaping us, for good or ill, and share any favourite stories that have inspired us in our life’s journey. Like our distant ancestors, especially in the Celtic lands, we will tell our tales round the fireside, while also enjoying beautiful surroundings, good food, good company and plenty of quiet time for personal reflection.
Margaret is the author of a number of books for spiritual pilgrims, including two volumes of ‘wisdom stories’ and has travelled widely in her role as a retreat facilitator. She has a grown daughter and two young grand-daughters and lives in Ayrshire. She is currently in the process of writing her own ‘story’.
En-suite single bedroom with seaview 4 nights full board total :£382
En-suite single bedroom with woodland view 4 nights full board total :£362
Ground floor en-suite single bedroom offering easier access facilities full board total :£362
Single bedroom with seaview sharing toilet and shower facilities with one other guest full board total :£350
Two of these en-suite bedrooms may be converted into twin bedded rooms with a reduction of £20 per person on price above. Please enquire regarding availability.
- How do you accept payment for bookings?
- Is a deposit required for bookings?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the check-in and check out times?
- Does the house have any other set times that I need to know about?
- Will there be silence in the house?
- Is the Coach House open all year round?
- What are the rooms like?
- What do you provide for my stay?
- What do I need to provide for myself?
- Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms?
- Do you have internet access?
- Is there public access to a TV and a phone?
- Is there a mobile phone signal at the Coach House?
- Do you cater for vegetarians and special diets?
- Do you allow smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises?
- Is exclusive use of the Coach House available?
- What about public transport?
- Can I bring my dog?