The Coach House Kilmuir Trust is a small registered charity, and as such we are completely dependent upon the generosity of our guests and supporters, and the financial offerings received through providing our retreat house services. We work hard at keeping our costs to a minimum, and are thankful for the work of our small staff team and larger team of volunteers who give so much of themselves to the daily running of the Coach House.
We are extremely grateful for all financial contributions, and welcome completed Gift Aid declarations as these provide some much needed additional support.
Please note for group retreats with a theme, e.g. HerSpace, Centering Prayer, Advent, and other events, the tariff will be different. Please see details relating to each event as listed on the programme
2021 Charges for accommodation for an individual retreat.
- Full board per night £68 for a single ensuite bedroom with sea view.
- Full board per night £66 for a single ensuite bedroom with woodland view.
- Full board per night £63 for a standard single bedroom with sea view.
Two of our ensuite bedrooms may be used as twin bedrooms if required. In this case a reduction of £5 per person per night is given.
2021 Charges for Spiritual Accompaniment during your stay here
For those staying here on a residential basis we offer spiritual accompaniment of up to 1 hour per session. We ask for a financial contribution for each session. For individuals requiring up to 4 sessions during their stay the charge is £15 per session. For those on a longer retreat the charge is reduced to £10 per session for any additional sessions. For example:
- A personal retreat with six sessions of spiritual accompaniment would cost £80 in addition to your accommodation costs. (4 sessions at £15 plus 2 sessions at £10)
- A personal retreat with eight sessions of spiritual accompaniment would cost £100 in addition to your accommodation costs. (4 sessions at £15 plus 4 sessions at £10)
Please help us by booking your sessions in advance. We are willing to discuss your retreat framework with you. If you wait until you are staying with us to request spiritual accompaniment, we will do our best to provide at least one session, but being a small team, we can not guarantee there will be someone available to meet your request.
For non-residents the charge is £25 per session.
We do not want anyone to be prevented from coming to stay with us through lack of funds, so if this is a major concern, please contact us to see what may be arranged; equally, if an individual is able to make a donation above this tariff, it will be most appreciated and will enable us to continue to offer the widest access possible.
- How do you accept payment for bookings?
- Is a deposit required for bookings?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the check-in and check out times?
- Does the house have any other set times that I need to know about?
- Will there be silence in the house?
- Is the Coach House open all year round?
- What are the rooms like?
- What do you provide for my stay?
- What do I need to provide for myself?
- Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms?
- Do you have internet access?
- Is there public access to a TV and a phone?
- Is there a mobile phone signal at the Coach House?
- Do you cater for vegetarians and special diets?
- Do you allow smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises?
- Is exclusive use of the Coach House available?
- What about public transport?
- Can I bring my dog?