Terms & Conditions
1. All bookings are considered provisional until a booking form and deposit have been received. A provisional booking will be held for up to 4 days, after which time we reserve the right to cancel it if we have not received a booking form and deposit. We will acknowledge receipt of every booking form and deposit by email.
2. The deposit is non-refundable and will be deducted from the final bill. The amount of the non-refundable deposit will be given at the time of making the provisional booking.
3. Guests are advised to check that they have received their email confirmation and to contact the Coach House if no such email has been received within 7 days of sending the booking form and deposit.
4. The Coach House can only accept payment through cash, cheque or bank transfer. We cannot accept debit or credit card payments. Cheques should be made payable to “The Coach House Kilmuir Trust”. For BACS transfers, please contact us directly by email for details.
Please make sure that you use an easily identifiable reference (e.g. your name) if paying my bank transfer.
5. The outstanding balance is to be paid one month before the beginning of your stay at the Coach House.
6. Should you have to cancel your booking, the deposit you have given remains non-refundable. The Coach House is a small centre and the cancellation of a booking seriously affects our income, as we may not be able to rebook your place.
If less than 3 months notice of cancellation is given, 50% of the full fee will be charged.
If less than one month’s notice of cancellation is given, 100% of the full fee will be charged.
In exceptional circumstances, it might be possible to transfer a proportion of the payment to another event at the Coach House.
7. Guests are advised to consider taking out insurance to cover their costs in the event of a cancellation.
8. The Coach House Kilmuir Trust cannot accept liability for loss or damage to any vehicle or other property belonging to any person, or organisation sustained by them, whilst on any part of the Coach House premises.
9. Guests may be liable for the cost of repair or replacement for any damage caused to Coach House property or possessions.
10. The Coach House Kilmuir Trust assures its guests that no personal information is shared with a third party. All data collected from guests in connection with their booking will be kept in accordance with the current Data Protection legislation.
11. The team is keen to ensure that guests enjoy their stay. However, in the unlikely event that a guest is unsatisfied with any aspect of his/her stay, then we ask that the guest contact a member of the team who will attempt to resolve the matter.
1. In addition to the appropriate clauses made in the section on “Individual Bookings”, the following Terms and Conditions apply to group bookings.
2. The non-refundable deposit for a group booking is 15% of the total payment due, or £150, whichever is the larger amount.
3. Residential bookings of more than four people booking together at the same time for the same event will be classified as a group booking.
4. A named individual must be identified as the group leader at the time of booking. The named individual will be the main point of contact between the group and The Coach House Kilmuir Trust unless otherwise agreed. Groups will be classified as a corporate body to whom one invoice will be issued.
5. Cancellation fees will be charged on all cancelled bookings (full or partial) and will be based on the numbers given on the booking form, or revised numbers subsequently advised in writing. The cancellation fee is as follows:
If less than six months notice of cancellation is given, then 50% of the full fee will be charged.
If less than three months notice of cancellation is given, then 75% of the full fee will be charged.
If less than one month’s notice of cancellation is given, then 100% of the full fee will be charged.
6. It is the responsibility of the group leader to ensure that s/he is in possession of the correct rates for the dates in question.
7. The designated group leader must provide a list of participants and any special needs, including dietary needs, to the Coach House team not less than one month prior to arrival. We will do our best to meet various dietary needs but please be aware that we are a small house and have to make a distinction between meeting dietary needs and catering for food preferences. The group leader, or the participant concerned, must contact us in good time if there are any serious concerns about traces of allergens, as we may not be able to meet them. For example, the Coach House kitchen is not a nut-free environment.
8. Items may not be offered for sale without the prior agreement of the House team.
9. Any special requests (e.g. the use or availability of electronic equipment or particular materials/resources) must be made in good time. The House team will do their best to accommodate certain requests but cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
10. The House team reserves the right to make additional charges for any additional requirements made available which were not agreed at the time of booking
- How do you accept payment for bookings?
- Is a deposit required for bookings?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the check-in and check out times?
- Does the house have any other set times that I need to know about?
- Will there be silence in the house?
- Is the Coach House open all year round?
- What are the rooms like?
- What do you provide for my stay?
- What do I need to provide for myself?
- Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms?
- Do you have internet access?
- Is there public access to a TV and a phone?
- Is there a mobile phone signal at the Coach House?
- Do you cater for vegetarians and special diets?
- Do you allow smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises?
- Is exclusive use of the Coach House available?
- What about public transport?
- Can I bring my dog?