What Happens On A Retreat
Come to enjoy the peace and quiet of this beautiful setting to make a retreat, or simply to reflect, recuperate and be refreshed. There are many periods across the year when you may arrange to do this.
At the Coach House we provide a range of residential and non residential retreats, also occasional courses, workshops and quiet days.
Over the years many individuals from across the world have stayed with us for an individual retreat. Sometimes our guests simply want to enjoy the peace and quiet of this beautiful place and the hospitality that we can provide, to reflect, recuperate and refresh. They may choose to spend part or all of their time in silence. They might ask for some “listening time” with a member of the team. The choice is theirs, and we do our best to accommodate what is needed, including offering resources or materials to help them make best use of their time.
For other visitors their individual retreat time might follow a particular structure or programme that will normally be arranged in discussion with a team member in advance of their visit. Again, this more structured retreat might be partly or wholly in silence, depending on individual choice. It is more common however, for individuals who opt for this kind of retreat to meet with a team member on a regular basis during their stay.
Our small staff and volunteer team members come from a variety of traditions and have a wealth of life experience and training amongst them. Every team member shares a passion for the ethos and work of the Coach House and a deep commitment to his or her ongoing spiritual journey. Some members of the team are trained in providing spiritual accompaniment or a “listening ear” when required. Those members of the team who provide these specialised services engage in regular supervision and continuing personal development.
- How do you accept payment for bookings?
- Is a deposit required for bookings?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the check-in and check out times?
- Does the house have any other set times that I need to know about?
- Will there be silence in the house?
- Is the Coach House open all year round?
- What are the rooms like?
- What do you provide for my stay?
- What do I need to provide for myself?
- Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms?
- Do you have internet access?
- Is there public access to a TV and a phone?
- Is there a mobile phone signal at the Coach House?
- Do you cater for vegetarians and special diets?
- Do you allow smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises?
- Is exclusive use of the Coach House available?
- What about public transport?
- Can I bring my dog?