I have been involved in the Coach House since its embryonic stage, that is to say, since my mother, Ursula, looked at the derelict building across the road from her cottage and decided that was where her vision of an open retreat centre should materialise. I am trained in spiritual accompaniment/direction and over two decades ran courses teaching listening skills. I live in a rural location in the Scottish Borders, alone since my partner died five years ago. I have two sons and two small grandchildren in Edinburgh.
- How do you accept payment for bookings?
- Is a deposit required for bookings?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the check-in and check out times?
- Does the house have any other set times that I need to know about?
- Will there be silence in the house?
- Is the Coach House open all year round?
- What are the rooms like?
- What do you provide for my stay?
- What do I need to provide for myself?
- Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms?
- Do you have internet access?
- Is there public access to a TV and a phone?
- Is there a mobile phone signal at the Coach House?
- Do you cater for vegetarians and special diets?
- Do you allow smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises?
- Is exclusive use of the Coach House available?
- What about public transport?
- Can I bring my dog?