Where are we:
In a beautiful coastal location overlooking the waters of the Moray Firth.
Address & Contact Details
The Coach House,
Kilmuir, North Kessock,
Telephone: 01463 731386
The Coach House is located 6 miles North East from the city of Inverness in the Highlands of Scotland. Situated above the village of Kilmuir, nestling below beech woods, the Coach House has spectacular views over the coastline.
How to get here if coming by car
The Coach House is about 3 miles from the A9.
IF DRIVING UP FROM THE SOUTH
After the Kessock bridge take the first exit to North Kessock and at the first roundabout follow the sign for Kilmuir (3rd exit) which takes you under the dual carriageway. As the road goes down the hill, watch out for and take a turn sharp left onto a narrow road signed for Kilmuir. This is partly a single track road with passing places. Take the first right turn, uphill, signed Kilmuir. Keep going for another mile and a half, following the road as it bears round to the left and then turn right at metal signpost to Kilmuir. Follow this road as it winds down the hill through beech woods. Ignore a right turn/track signed on a wooden post for Kilmuir Hill and keep left. Continue down the hill. When you see the water in front of you, the Coach House is on the right, just before the corner leading down to the village of Kilmuir itself.
IF DRIVING DOWN FROM THE NORTH
On A9, at North Kessock Junction take the exit signed for Kilmuir. Once off the slip road and going uphill turn right onto a narrow road signed for Kilmuir, then follow directions as above.
Please note SAT NAVS may stop you at ‘Letter Kilmuir’, but please keep on road and continue on down the hill for another half mile.
COMING BY TRAIN, COACH OR BY PLANE
Nearest rail and bus stations are in Inverness. Taxis may be hired in Inverness for the journey of 6 miles to Kilmuir. Unfortunately there is no bus link to Kilmuir.
Inverness Dalcross Airport is 14 miles away. Taxis may be hired from the airport. However it is cheaper to get the airport bus into Inverness centre and then a taxi to Kilmuir.
We recommend you book a taxi in advance. We can supply phone numbers.
- How do you accept payment for bookings?
- Is a deposit required for bookings?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What are the check-in and check out times?
- Does the house have any other set times that I need to know about?
- Will there be silence in the house?
- Is the Coach House open all year round?
- What are the rooms like?
- What do you provide for my stay?
- What do I need to provide for myself?
- Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms?
- Do you have internet access?
- Is there public access to a TV and a phone?
- Is there a mobile phone signal at the Coach House?
- Do you cater for vegetarians and special diets?
- Do you allow smoking or drinking anywhere on the premises?
- Is exclusive use of the Coach House available?
- What about public transport?
- Can I bring my dog?